Without a doubt, iPad Air 2 is one of the best creations of Apple. With a 9.7 inch LED display, and 2048 x 1536 resolution along with pixel density of 264ppi, iPad Air 2 has better touch screen and brighter display. Being Apple’s sixth generation iPad, iPad Air 2 has ‘Air’ moniker. Thinner than the earlier versions, the look and feel of this new product is completely different. The main changes include iOS 8, Apple’s A8X chip, and a higher-resolution 8-megapixel camera.
The iPad Air 2 by Apple is the first iPad to have a biometric fingerprint sensor, a Touch ID which acts as an added security layer. Integrated with home button, this Touch ID is embedded using a scratch resistant sapphire glass. Although Apple offers a 4 digit passcode security lock to shield the iPad, the Touch ID makes it simpler by offering an effective way of authentication.
iPad Air 2 is in itself a feat of engineering that has been built with a better screen along with touchscreen digitizer and is also equipped with excellent backlight feature. Offering a less reflective display, this creation of Apple shows things brighter and more colorful as well.
The iPad air has excellent 2G, 3G and 4G connectivity. It is compatible with GPRS and EDGE and has excellent connectivity speed.
Sitting at the top, the iPad Air 2 is the best 9.7 inch tablet that the market has ever seen. The sleek design, available in space grey and silver color, iPad Air 2 is one of the best creation of Apple and comes with an Accelerometer, Three-axis gyro, Barometer and Ambient light sensor.
Below mentioned are some key features and specifications of Apple’s IPad Air 2. These include
- Announced on October 2014
- OS – iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 11
- Features – 1.12mm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, facem and smile detection, with an HDR camera featuring photo and panaroma modes
- Weight – 437 g (Wi-Fi) / 444 g (3G/LTE) (15.41 oz)
- Size – 9.7 inches, 291.4 cm2 which comes up to 71.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Technology powered with GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- Scratch-resistant glass with oleo phobic coating protects the screen
- SIM support includes Nano-SIM/ Electronic SIM card (Apple e-SIM)
- powered by apple A8x chiset
- LED-backlit with IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution – 1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio (264 ppi density)
- Bluetooth – 4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Multi – touch – Yes
- CPU – Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon
- GPU – PowerVR GXA6850 (octa-core graphics)
- No external card slot, however internal memory is sufficient.
- Storage capacity in four variants including 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
- Primary – 8 MP, f/2.4, 31mm, autofocus
- Video – 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec
- Secondary – 1.2 MP, f/2.2, 31mm, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (3G/LTE model only)
- No radio support
- USB – 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors – Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer
- Messaging – iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser – HTML5 (Safari)
- Java – No, Siri natural language commands and dictation, iCloud cloud service, MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player, MP4/H.264 player, Audio/video/photo editor and Document editor
- Talk time – 10 hours
- Performance – Basemark OS II: 1937 / Basemark X: 29753
- Display – Contrast ratio: 1048 (nominal)
- Camera – Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker – Voice 75dB / Noise 70dB / Ring 78dB
- Audio quality – Noise -93.9dB / Crosstalk -83.9dB
The Apple Limited Warranty covers iPad Air 2 as against any manufacturing defects for one year from the date of purchase. This warranty is an extension of rights provided by consumer law.