Frequently Asked Questions
How to determine whether an extended car warranty is required?
- A: An extended car warranty comes into the picture when the manufacturer's warranty expires. By answering a single most important question, you can determine if you require an extended car warranty. You need to ask yourself how long you want to keep the car. If you intend to keep it longer than five years without doing a trade-off, an extended car war
Is it possible to get an extended car warranty on a used or pre-owned car?
- A: Yes, it is possible to get an extended warranty on a used or pre-owned cars. In some cases, the sellers of the car may be willing to transfer the extended warranty over to you. However, it is often advised to refrain from purchasing an extended warranty on used cars as the price of the warranty may be a lot more than the actual fixing cost you may
What do you get with breakdown cover?
- A: Most standard breakdown insurance policies will offer roadside recovery and roadside rescue as an entry-level standard of service. Such cover will provide assistance to motorists who have broken down and are unable to continue their journey.
On what factors does the cost of extended car warranty depend?
- A: There are three major factors determining the cost of an extended car warranty. The first determining factor is the type of car. The warranty for a high-end car would be way more as the maintenance is more expensive. The second factor is the age and mileage of the car. The higher the mileage, the higher is the cost of the extended car warranty. How
What is the average price usually paid for an extended car warranty?
- A: The average cost for an extended car warranty can be around $1800 with a good plan and after sale services. The prices differ from policy to policy and are usually determined based on factors such as the type of car, age, and mileage, deductible amount and location.
What precautions should be taken before signing up for an extended car warranty?
- A: Some of the precautions you need to take before signing up for an extended car warranty are - make sure you get an extended car warranty that is backed by the manufacturer. Do a thorough research of the various extended car warranty offers and their prices. Determine your needs and make sure you go over the fine print of the things that are covered
Are there different types of extended car warranties?
- A: There are three main extended car warranties namely powertrain, named component and bumper-bumper. A powertrain warranty covers your cars powertrain systems such as transmission, engine, seals, gaskets, axles, transfer case and drive shafts and are typically set for five years or 50,000 miles. The named component covers a pre-decided list of compon
Can extended warranties on new cars be canceled?
- A: Extended warranties on new cars can be canceled if your contract says so. While some contracts offer a pro-rated or partial refund with respect to the time and distance driven, there are some that offer refunds or outright cancellation, provided the cancellation is made within 30 days of purchase. The process, although simple, may take longer to pr
How much is breakdown cover for a year?
- A: Mechanical breakdown insurance usually costsÂ around $100 per year, with an average deductible of around $250. The cost can vary based on the vehicle you own and the insurance company you have your policy with, though.
Can an extended car warranty be transferred from an old vehicle to a new vehicle?
- A: New cars usually come with a manufacturer's warranty. An extended car warranty cannot be transferred from an old vehicle to a new vehicle. However, it can be transferred to a new owner, if you are selling your car within the warranty period. Make sure that the terms of transfer are mentioned in the contract when you are purchasing an extended warra